Run The State 5K & Hike Series
Day in and day out, employees come to work to keep state operations running smoothly. While that is greatly appreciated, it is time for you to do something for yourself, get outdoors and Run this State!
Starting in April, Invest In Your Health is hosting the Run The State 5K and Hike Series in partnership with the Department of Natural Resources and Go365. This year, there are five 5Ks and four hikes scheduled all over the state. Employees and their dependents enrolled in Go365 are invited to attend these morning events and spend the rest of the day enjoying the parks.
Each Go365 member participating in a 5K or hike earns 250 points within the program. These points help you achieve an Earned Status of Silver, thereby qualifying you for Upgrade 2018. Not a runner? No worries! Everyone is encouraged to participate at their own pace. Run, walk, stroll or hike your way to the finish line. Join fellow state employees who are making the commitment to get out, and get moving together!
Register for a 5K Register for a Hike
How To Cancel Your Reservation
Submitting Your Participation For Go365 Points
Check your hike time
Registration is completed via Eventbrite.
Sign up to receive updates about the Run The State 5K and Hike Series
Below is the schedule of events:
- April 22 – 5K at Indiana Dunes State Park – Paved race route that includes several turns and small hills. Course is stroller friendly. Learn More
- May 20 – Hike at Harmonie State Park – Trail 3 begins at the Poplar Grove picnic area and overlooks a stream. This one-mile trail will be completed twice. Course is not stroller friendly. Learn More
- June 3 – 5K at Patoka Lake – Combined paved and trail race route features moderate elevation changes and possibly uneven ground. Course is stroller friendly. Learn More
- June 17 – Hike at Clifty Falls State Park – This trail includes some inclines. Hikers will see two 60-foot-tall waterfalls. Course is not stroller friendly. Learn More
- July 8 – 5K at Whitewater Memorial State Park – This course is completely paved and is stroller friendly. Learn More
- July 15 – 5K at Prophetstown State Park – The race route is paved and connects all facilities at the state park. Course is stroller friendly. Learn More
- July 22 – Hike at Turkey Run State Park – Both trails are moderate/rugged. Trail 1 is known as the big tree trail and includes a covered bridge. Trail 4 passes a quarry and coal mine on the way to the Historic Lusk Home. Course is not stroller friendly. Learn More
- July 29 – Hike at Pokagon State Park – Hikers will walk on Trail 3. This trail is considered moderate in difficulty and leads through the Potawatomi Nature Preserve. Course is not stroller friendly. Learn More
- August 12 – 5K at Fort Harrison State Park – The paved race route will include moderate elevation changes. Course is stroller friendly. Learn More
There is no cost to register for a 5K or hike, but participants are required to pay $7 per vehicle (or $8 at Prophetstown State Park) at the gate for park entrance. This fee allows entrance for the entire day. After the 5K or hike event, explore other trails with the family or invite your colleagues to a picnic in the park. All races begin at 8:30 a.m. local time. T-shirt pick up and race check-in are from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. local time the day of the race. For hike events, t-shirt pick up and check-in starts 30 minutes before the beginning of the scheduled hike. Click on the registration button above for more information on hike times.
While you may register for more than one event, keep in mind that there are registration limits for each park. We can’t wait to Run The State with you!
Register for a 5K Register for a Hike