Run the State 5K and Hike Series
Welcome to the fourth annual Run the State 5K and Hike Series! Invest In Your Health Indiana, your employee wellness program, is happy to present three 5K races and two hike events in 2019 for employees and family members.
Not a runner? No worries. Everyone is encouraged to participate at their own pace. Run, walk, or stroll your way to the finish line. Join fellow state employees who are making the commitment to get out and get moving together!
Along with our partners at ActiveHealth Management, Anthem, and the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, we’re excited to host the 2019 Run The State 5K and Hike series. Employees and their family members are invited to attend these morning events and spend the rest of the day enjoying the parks.
Registration is now live for the 5K at Indiana Dunes State Park and the hike at Clifty Falls State Park!
Register for the 5K at Indiana Dunes State Park >
Register for a hike at Clifty Falls State Park >
Stay tuned for registration info for the 5K at Angel Mounds State Historic Site.
Stay tuned for registration info for the hike at Turkey Run State Park.
Stay tuned for registration info for the 5K at Fort Harrison State Park.
Registration is completed via INSPD’s event calendar.
Sign up to receive updates about the Run the State 5K and Hike Series
2019 Run the State 5K and Hike Series Schedule
- April 27 – 5K at Indiana Dunes State Park – Paved race route that includes several turns and small hills. Course is stroller friendly. Learn more >
- May 11 – Hike at Clifty Falls State Park – Two options: The Railroad Hike is a rugged/difficult, three-mile fitness hike that will take approximately two hours to complete. The Green Trail is a one-mile moderately rugged guided waterfall-hike. Learn more >
- June 22 – 5K at Angel Mounds State Historic Site – This 5K’s grassy course runs around the mounds.
- July 20 – Hike at Turkey Run State Park – Two options: The first is a guided hike that lasts about an hour. The trail is very rugged; absolutely no strollers are permitted. Option two is the five-mile challenge. Participants will receive a map and guide themselves.
- August 17 – 5K at Fort Harrison State Park – The paved race route will include moderate elevation changes. Course is stroller friendly.
There is no cost to register for a 5K or hike, but participants are required to pay $7 per vehicle at the gate for state park entrance. In celebration of the 2019 Public Service Recognition Week, the admission fee to Clifty Falls State Park is FREE on May 11. Entry for Angel Mounds State Historic Site is $8 for adults, $7 for seniors (60+), and $5 for children (3-12). There is no charge for children two and under. Entrance fees allows access for the entire day. After the 5K or hike event, you can explore other trails with your family or invite your colleagues to a picnic in the park.
All races begin at 8:30 a.m. local time. Race check-in is from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. local time the day of the race. For hike events, check-in starts 30 minutes before the beginning of the scheduled hike. Click on the registration button above for more information on hike times. While you may register for more than one event, keep in mind that there are registration limits for each park.
We can’t wait to Run the State with you!