Run The State 5K & Hike Series
REGISTRATION IS LIVE!
Register for a 5K Register for a Hike
If you previously registered for a hike or 5k event, and need to cancel your registration, please follow this link for instructions on how to do so.
Welcome to year three of the Run The State 5k & Hike Series. Invest In Your Health Indiana, your employee wellness program, is happy to present three 5k races and two hike events in 2018 for employees and family members.
Not a runner? No worries. Everyone is encouraged to participate at their own pace. Run, walk, or stroll your way to the finish line. Join fellow state employees who are making the commitment to get out and get moving together!
Along with our partners at Go365 and the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, we’re excited to host the 2018 Run The State 5K & Hike series. Employees and their dependents enrolled in Go365 are invited to attend these morning events and spend the rest of the day enjoying the parks.
Each Go365 member participating in a 5k or hike earns 250 points within the program. These points help you achieve an Earned Status of Silver, thereby qualifying you for Upgrade 2019.
Sign up to receive updates about the Run The State 5K and Hike Series
2018 Run The State 5K and Hike Series Schedule
- April 28 – 5k at Indiana Dunes State Park – Paved race route that includes several turns and small hills. Course is stroller friendly. Learn More
- June 30 – Hike at Harmonie State Park – Trail 3 begins at the Poplar Grove picnic area and overlooks a stream. This one-mile trail will be completed twice. Course is not stroller friendly. Learn More
- July 14 – 5k at Ouabache State Park – Exact race route to be determined as date approaches. It’s likely to be a mostly gravel trail starting near the Rustic Oak Shelter. Learn More
- July 28 – Hike at Clifty Falls State Park – This trail includes some inclines. Hikers will see two 60-foot-tall waterfalls. Course is not stroller friendly. Learn More
- August 11 – 5k at Fort Harrison State Park – The paved race route will include moderate elevation changes. Course is stroller friendly. Learn More
There is no cost to register for a 5k or hike, but participants are required to pay $7 per vehicle at the gate for park entrance. This fee allows entrance for the entire day. After the 5k or hike event, explore other trails with the family or invite your colleagues to a picnic in the park. All races begin at 8:30 a.m. local time. T-shirt pick up and race check-in are from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. local time the day of the race. For hike events, t-shirt pick up and check-in starts 30 minutes before the beginning of the scheduled hike. Click on the registration button above for more information on hike times.
While you may register for more than one event, keep in mind that there are registration limits for each park. We can’t wait to Run The State with you!