New Year’s resolutions – done rightposted by Brent Brown on January 13, 2021
Set yourself up for success in 2021 with healthy commitments you can actually keep.
The key is to make a resolution that you can maintain for life. Try one of these:
- Eat more whole foods – Start by adding one serving of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, or seeds to your daily diet.
- Cut back on sugar – You might be surprised to know it can be hiding in pasta sauce, granola bars, yogurt, and even salad dressing.
- Get better quality sleep – Avoid screen time before bed, get rid of light sources in your bedroom, and cut back on caffeine.
- Find a physical activity you like – Pick something you can do regularly and conveniently at home. Go for a 15-minute walk at lunch every day or for five minutes every hour.
- Cook more meals at home – If you get takeout all the time, it can be hard to eat healthy. Make one meal a day, then increase the frequency over time.
- Try meditation – It’s easy to find books, podcasts, and apps that teach you how.
- Go grocery shopping regularly – A well-stocked kitchen is necessary to make healthy home-cooked meals. Pick one day each week to shop. To save time, shop online or use curbside pickup if available.
This information is from ActiveHealth Management. ActiveHealth Management’s programs, care team, and care managers do not diagnose or treat members. ActiveHealth Management assists members in getting the care they need, and the program is not a substitute for the medical treatment and/or instructions provided by healthcare providers.