Follow the 2017 Open Enrollment checklistposted by Jeff Mullins on October 13, 2016
For 2017, there are new rates for the medical plan. A number of resources are available to help you estimate your 2017 expenses, compare plans and become a more informed consumer. Use this checklist to help guide you through the steps to a successful Open Enrollment:
Educate yourself about changes occurring January 1, 2017.
Access your HR PeopleSoft account.
Confirm or update your personal information, including your home and/or mailing address, e-mail address, phone number and ethnic group.
If you wish to drop your insurance coverage you need to select “waive.”
If you are eligible for the 2017 Wellness CDHP, you need to select this option to enroll in the plan if you are not covered under the 2016 Wellness CDHP.
If you are enrolled in the 2016 Wellness CDHP, but do not qualify for the 2017 Wellness CDHP, your plan defaults to CDHP 1 unless you make a new selection.
Review your eligible dependents and beneficiaries.
- You need to enroll all eligible dependents in each benefit plan you choose.
- Make sure you remove ineligible dependents from all of your benefit plans and report their eligibility change to the Benefits Hotline.
- Update personal information for each dependent and/or beneficiary (information must match what is on their social security card).
- Add your dependent social security numbers.
- For dependent/beneficiary name changes and Social Security corrections, please contact the Benefits Hotline.
Check your current elections or make new elections. It is important that you review the dependents enrolled on each of your plans.
If you have a Health Savings Account (HSA), you need to enter your annual contribution amount.
If you have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), you need to re-elect or re-state your annual contribution amount.
Accept or decline the Non-Tobacco Use Agreement for 2017.
Be sure to print an Election Summary after you have submitted your elections.
If you have any questions regarding your benefits, please contact the Benefits Hotline at 317-232-1167 or toll-free at 877-248-0007 (if outside of the Indianapolis area).