How can you get a handle on stress?posted by Brent Brown on April 12, 2019
It’s normal to feel stress, but it can be harmful if not managed properly.
Did you know you can get a handle on stress by practicing a few small steps? Making healthy and positive changes in your daily routine can help!
- Seek support – Find a trusted friend, family member or partner who can lend an ear. Sharing your problems with someone else can help lighten the burden.
- Connect with others – It’s easy to cut people off when you’re feeling stressed. This is not good! Try your best to spend time with loved ones. Laughter and companionship can go a long way toward making you feel better.
- Nourish your body – Be mindful of eating a healthy and balanced diet that includes fruit, vegetables, and lean protein. And don’t forget to get plenty of sleep!
- Practice self-care – Do things that help you relax, like getting a massage, taking a warm bath, or reading a book.
- Be active – Moving your body can help you keep your mind off of your problems. It can also raise your endorphins, mood boosting hormones that will make you feel better.
Source: ActiveHealth Management: Tips for well-being, April 2019