Submit all proof and attain Silver Status by August 31posted by Jeff Mullins on August 5, 2015
Employees have a month left to attain Silver Status and qualify for the 2016 Upgrade. To qualify for the Wellness CDHP upgrade, employees covered by the State of Indiana health plan must enroll in HumanaVitality and attain Silver Status within the program before August 31, 2015. Your HumanaVitality account status must show Silver Status on August 31; so be sure you have submitted as much information as possible.
Ensure these activities are completed for every adult member on your health plan:
Health Assessment: This is a confidential assessment that helps you identify health risks and gives you the opportunity to create a plan to address potential risks. This earns you 1,000 points. It only takes ten to fifteen minutes to complete.
Vitality Check: A Vitality Check is a biometric screening that is similar to a yearly check-up. The information gathered during this check should include: height, weight, waist circumference, blood pressure and blood test including; total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides and fasting blood glucose. You earn 2,000 Vitality Points for simply completing the check and submitting the appropriate forms to HumanaVitality. Then you could also earn up to another 2,000 points if your results fall within a certain health range.
Schedule a Vitality Check by visiting your doctor, the Little Clinic (select Kroger locations), select Walgreens Pharmacies or Healthcare Clinics or Concentra Medical Centers. Plan ahead and to be sure to give yourself plenty of time to complete this screening.
While there is no requirement for your family to participate, it is recommended that they do. If you have a spouse or dependents over the age of 18 on your plan, remind them to complete both a Health Assessment and Vitality Check. The easy task of completing the Health Assessment can be completed either by logging into your HumanaVitality account online or from a mobile app.
Submit all your proof: Did your child participate in a sports league this summer? Did you have any type of dental, vision appointment? When you schedule preventive appointments, participate in healthy activities like sports leagues or meet goals like reducing your blood pressure, you’ll earn Vitality Points that you can redeem for Vitality Bucks. Once you’ve completed an activity, you may need to submit proof of participation in order to earn your Vitality Points.
You can complete the form online or download it, complete it by hand, and mail it to the Humana offices. However, the online self-submission is the most direct and fastest option to choose, but is not available for all activities.
Here are the steps to self-submit proof of these activities:
- Log onto your HumanaVitality account.
- Scroll over “Earn Rewards” at the top
- Click on “HumanaVitality forms”
- Click on desired activity (Ex. Prevention Activity, Sports League, etc.)
- Scroll down to the bottom of the next page and answer the “Submission for,” “Activity type,” “Activity date,” and “Proof” boxes.
- You must submit the form within 90 days of service or final day of activity.
- Depending on the activity you are submitting, can help you decide what proof you can submit. For prevention activities such as dental exams and vision exams, you can submit an explanation of benefits or a visit summary that you may have received the day of your exam. For sports leagues, you can submit your team’s schedule or a registration form.
- To upload a document as proof, make sure to save the document on your computer. Then, simply click on “Choose file” under the “Proof” section, and your documents will pop open on your desktop. This process is just like attaching a document to an e-mail. Next, select the document you just saved or wish to submit. When the correct document is attached, click on “Submit.”
- This process awards members their points in two to three business days.
For more information about HumanaVitality, please visit investinyourhealthindiana.com/humana. If you have additional questions, please call the Humana Customer Care team at 1-800-708-1105.