The importance of staying mindfulposted by Brent Brown on June 7, 2019
Everyone needs a break, and when that time comes, it’s important to make the most of it.
Check out this information from ActiveHealth Management to learn how staying mindful can make your getaway relaxing, memorable, and stress free.
Remind yourself to be fully present
So often, you go on vacation to get a break from your busy schedules and daily routines.
But being on vacation can sometimes create more stress and chaos than peace of mind. That’s why practicing mindfulness is key. Just remind yourself to be fully present. Soak in each and every moment — whether it’s with your loved ones or just yourself. You’ll make your
time off more enjoyable. And more memorable, too.
What is mindfulness?
It’s paying full attention to what’s happening with an attitude of openness and curiosity.
Even on vacation, you could find yourself focusing on something in the past or in the future. Maybe it’s something related to money or work. Mindfulness can be a powerful way to help you get back to where you are and what you’re doing and feeling.
Here are some tips for staying mindful.
- Ditch your devices! Unplug and free yourself from emails and social media.
- Have a real conversation. Be fully engaged when speaking with someone.
- Drop the “to-do” list. Relax! Let go of all expectations and keep it simple.
- Make time to meditate. Use this time to explore and create other healthy habits, too.
- Tune in. Be aware of the sights, sounds, and smells of everything around you.
- Focus on the positive. Notice when you feel love, gratitude, or joy, and linger in those moments.
Note: This information is general in nature. It is not meant to replace the advice or care you may receive from your doctor or other healthcare professionals. If you have specific healthcare needs, or would like more complete health information, please see your doctor or other healthcare provider.