Recipe: Don’t Tell Them It’s Healthy Stuffed Chicken Dinnerposted by Jeff Mullins on September 16, 2013
DON’T TELL THEM ITS HEALTHY STUFFED CHICKEN DINNER
1 Loaf of Whole Grain Wheat Bread
1 Bottle of 0 Calorie Spray Butter
1 8oz Bag Finely Shredded low-fat Mozzarella Cheese
2 8oz Pkg of Low Fat Cream Cheese at Room Temperature..
1 Large Zucchini Small Cubed w/Peel on
1 Fresh Lemon – Grate Peel
2 Large Package of Whole Boneless Chicken Breast
1 8oz Jar of Spaghetti Sauce
1 Table Spoon of Minced Garlic
1 Small Sweet Onion – chopped
1 can of 0 Calorie Baking Spray
1 pinch of Italian Seasoning
1/2 Tsp of Black Pepper
1 or 2 Large Glass Baking Dishes
1 pkg of Aluminum Foil
- (Filling) Combine Cubed Zucchini, Chopped Onion, Minced Garlic, Italian Seasoning,Pepper, Grated Lemon Peel & Cream Cheese into large mixing bowl and mix together.
- (Chicken) Slice a pocket into side of each Chicken Breast then stuff chicken with fill pocket with filling; Place filling side up in each large glass baking dish that has been sprayed with Baking Spray then squeeze lemon juice over the top cover with foil and bake for 1 1/2 Hours at 325 degrees
* If Chicken Breast touch each other – check to make sure each piece of chicken is completely cooked – Zucchini should be soft – If not adjust your baking time longer.
- While Chicken is baking – Spray Bread with 0 calorie butter spray on both sides and toast in pan on top of stove. Place each piece on the baking sheet or pans that have been very lightly sprayed with 0 Calorie Baking spray. wipe off excess spray..
- After Chicken has been in 1 hour remove from oven and place each piece of chicken on the toasted bread then spoon on Spaghetti Sauce and sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese on top of each piece of chicken getting some on the toast to – place all back in oven until cheese melts (About 5 Minutes) and serve hot.
This is a meal in one (Meat, Veggie, Dairy) and you can prepare Parts 1 & 2 bake it or not and freeze – Then when you’re ready to use it you can prepare steps 3 & 4.