Recipe: Eggplant Parmesan Lasagnaposted by Jeff Mullins on September 16, 2013
Eggplant Parmesan Lasagna
1 T. Olive Oil
2 14 oz cans Fire Roasted Tomatoes
4 Garlic Cloves
1/2 Box Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles
16 oz Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1/4 C. Grated Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese
8 oz Grated Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- Brush eggplant with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 20 minutes (save remaining olive oil).
- Cook lasagna noodles until desired consistency and drain.
- In remaining olive oil, brown garlic cloves that have been smashed (approx. 2 minutes).
- Then add fire roasted tomatoes that have been choopped.
- Simmer this mixture, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Mix cottage cheese, parmesan cheese and egg.
- Layer tomato mixture, noodles, eggplant, cheese mixture.
- Layer in 9×13 pan that has been sprayed. Layer twice.
- Bake in covered pan for 30 minutes
- Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese on top and bake 3-5 more minutes until brown.