Recipe: Healthy Hamburger Helperposted by Jeff Mullins on September 16, 2013
Healthy Hamburger Helper
1 lb. Organic Turkey Burger
1 box Gluten Free Macaroni & Cheese (Trader Joe’s brand)
¼ c. Almond Milk
4 c. Water
½ c. Organic Fresh Spinach – minced
½ c. Organic Broccoli – minced
¼ – ½ Red Onion
1 tsp. Garlic minced
1 T. Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste (optional)
- Steam Broccoli until tender. Let cool.
- Mince Spinach in food processor. Mince Broccoli in food processor. Mince Onion in food processor. Set aside.
- In a pot, boil 4 cups of water. Add macaroni and reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 min. Strain water and return macaroni to pot. Add almond milk and cheese packet. Stir.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic and onion. Sauté for a minute or two until you can smell the aroma. Add the turkey burger and cook for about 5 min. Add spinach and broccoli and cook for another 5 min. or until done. Once it’s cooked, reduce the heat to low.
- Add macaroni and cheese to skillet with the turkey burger mixture. Add salt & pepper to taste (optional)