Recipe: Italian Stuffed Zucchiniposted by Jeff Mullins on September 16, 2013
Italian Stuffed Zucchini
Original recipe makes 1 serving
2 tablespoons Italian-style dried bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated reduced fat Parmesan cheese
2/3 cup frozen burger-style crumbles
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Hollow out the zucchini. Place the scraped out zucchini into a medium bowl.
- Combine zucchini, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, burger-style crumbles and pasta sauce. Mix well.
- Place mixture into hollowed out zucchini. Arrange zucchini in a baking dish, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake for 40 minutes