Recipe: Summer Spinach-Quinoa Bowlposted by Amber Brady on July 11, 2018
Summer Spinach-Quinoa Bowl
1 cup prepared organic quinoa, cooled slightly
1/2 organic avocado
1 1/2 cups organic baby spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
2 small canned artichoke hearts, drained
3 pieces of baby corn, rinsed and drained
1 T. dry-roasted sunflower seeds
Fresh juice of 1/2 lemon (do not substitute reconstituted)
1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. freshly-ground pepper
More than a salad, but not as heavy as a pilaf or casserole, this dish is perfect to pack in your workday lunch bag.
- Place quinoa in plastic or glass bowl.
- Remove pit from avocado by holding avocado with a towel and carefully whacking large knife into pit so knife lodges into pit. Twist knife to remove pit. Remove pit from knife with paper towel and discard. Remove avocado flesh by running large spoon between flesh and skin. Dice avocado and add to quinoa.
- Tear baby spinach into bite-sized pieces, discarding stems. Add to quinoa mixture.
- Cut artichoke hearts into bite-sized pieces. Add to quinoa mixture.
- Break baby corn into bite-sized pieces. Add to quinoa mixture. Add sunflower seeds to quinoa mixture.
- To prepare dressing: Combine dressing ingredients in small bowl and whisk vigorously to emulsify. Add to quinoa mixture. Toss gently to combine. Serve immediately or chill for up to one hour. Great cold or room temperature.