Quit Now Indiana
Quit Now Indiana is a free phone-based counseling service that helps Indiana tobacco users quit. Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW to connect with experienced professional Quit Coaches. www.quitnowindiana.com
Commit To Quit Tobacco Coaching with ActiveHealth (Health Plan members)
The ActiveHealth program has coaches that will work with you to create a personalized quit plan. This eight-week coaching program is designed to give you the tools you need to quit using tobacco products. Complete the entire 8-week program to earn $100 in rewards. Learn more at www.myactivehealth.com/StateofIndiana
Employee Assistance Program
Trying to quit tobacco? The Optum Employee Assistance Program has resources that can help! www.liveandworkwell.com
The National Cancer Institute created Smokefree.gov to help you or someone you care about quit smoking. Find tools and tips, information on nicotine replacement therapy, smokefree apps and texting programs, and more! smokefree.gov
Vape-Free Indiana has resources to help Indiana youth stop vaping. Find resources for parents and youth, including the Live Vape-Free program. in.gov/vapefreeindiana
Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT)
Nicotine is the main addictive substance in tobacco. Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) gives you nicotine in the form of gum, patches, sprays, inhalers, or lozenges without the harmful chemicals in tobacco. Using NRT can double your changes of quitting smoking!
Individuals enrolled in a medical plan sponsored by the State Personnel Department can receive free NRT.
Here’s how to access your NRT benefit:
- Know your coverage. The plan covers 168 days of therapy per year for covered smoking cessation products at no cost to you.
- Verify coverage for your preferred product by calling CVS/Caremark at 866-234-6869, or logging in at www.Caremark.com.
- Talk to your provider, get a prescription, and take it to the pharmacy to get your no cost NRT products.
Covered products include:
- Brand name Chantix (varenicline tartrate)
- Brand name Nicotrol (nicotine inhalation system)
- Brand name Nicotrol NS (nicotine nasal spray)
- Generic bupropion (generic of brand name Zyban)—Zyban is NOT covered
- Generic nicotine replacement products—patch, gum and lozenges
- Nicotine polacrilex gum and lozenges
- Nicotine TD patch 24-hour
View the flyer from CVS >
If you have other insurance coverage, check with your insurance provider to see if NRT is a covered benefit under your plan.