CVS partners with the State to offer flu vaccine
CVS pharmacists are hosting flu shot clinics at many state facilities across Indiana. The list of available clinics statewide is displayed below. Remaining clinics are set to run through Nov. 29.
Where to get your flu shot:
|Nov. 29||IGC-S Conference Room A||Indianapolis||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
If you do not carry State insurance, CVS will be processing other insurance providers, however it is not guaranteed they will be accepted. The out-of-pocket cost for the Quadrivalent Influenza vaccine (patients 64 and younger) is $40.99, or $66.99 for the HD vaccine (patients 65 and older). Checks should be made payable to CVS Pharmacy.
Please Note: the age limit for the flu vaccination is 11 years and older, with consent of a parent/guardian. No prescription is needed. No one under the age of 11 will be allowed to get vaccinated. Since most preventive care services are covered at 100 percent, employees with the state’s health plan and their eligible dependents should get vaccinated.
You must bring your Anthem ID card and a completed waiver prior to receiving the vaccination: download it here to save you time.
CVS Pharmacies are also administering vaccines at participating retail locations. Vaccinations may also be administered at your doctor’s office, retail pharmacy or nearby walk-in clinic. Even at any of these locations, the state covers 100 percent of the cost if you carry state insurance. *TDAP and pneumonia vaccinations are also available.
If you are unable to attend any of the clinics listed on the calendar, check out the Flu Vaccine Finder below. Just enter your zip code to find flu shot clinic locations near you.
The best protection against the flu is to get a flu shot every year before the flu season starts. Since influenza viruses change over time, it is important to get a shot every year. Each year the vaccine is remade to include the types of flu virus expected to cause illness during that flu season. The vaccine begins to protect you within a few days after vaccination, but the vaccine is not fully effective until about 14 days after vaccination.
If you are wondering if you should get a vaccine, a detailed list can be found at Who Should Get Vaccinated against Influenza.
Get Go365 Points for your flu shot
Earn Go365 Points when you or your covered adult dependents receive a flu shot. You can get rewarded by submitting the prevention activity form online, from your mobile device or by mail or fax within 90
days of the immunization. Remember to save proof of your activity to be included with your self-submission. Please allow up to 30 days for your points to show up in your Go365 account.
Online self-submission steps
- Log in to your Go365 account (go365.com)
- Click on “Activities” on the top of the screen
- Click on the “Prevention” button in the center of your screen to access all Prevention activities
- Scroll down to see your Prevention activities until you see “Get a flu shot” and click on “View details” to learn how to complete the activity and how many points the activity is worth
- On this page, you can find how to earn points and how many points you can receive. Scrolling down will take you to this section, where you can submit your forms after they have been completed by a health professional. You must submit the documentation within 90 days. You may submit a receipt, visit summary or explanation of benefits (EOB) as proof of your prevention activity. Proof must contain your name, date of activity, and list the activity you completed. If you wish, you may also print off the PDF and submit it through the communication center (bell icon at the top right of your Go365 account).
- Click “Submit” once you have completed the selection boxes and attached your desired proof of activity
From the mobile app:
- Click on “Activities” on bottom menu of your Go365 mobile app
- Click “+” sign at the top right
- Click on “Flu Shot”
- Click on the “Date” box and select the date you received your flu shot
- Click on “Submit photo proof”
- You may either select an existing photo of proof or take a photo at this time (it is best to submit a picture of your completed documentation – a receipt, visit summary, etc.)
- Click on “Submit” at the top right of the screen