Fitness Center Discounts
Thinking about joining a gym or fitness center?
Check out the list below for a full rundown of locations and opportunities!
- Indianapolis (47 S. Pennsylvania St.)
- Avon – State of Indiana employees receive 10 percent off membership dues in 2021.
- North Vernon and Connersville
- Merrillville, Munster, Chesterton, LaPorte and Michigan City – State of Indiana employees receive 10 percent off their monthly dues and 50 percent off enrollment fees. Employee must show proof of employment with State of Indiana with a state-issued ID or pay stub. Offer is good for state employees and their immediate family members. Facilities are open 24/7 and offer personal and group training.
Franciscan Omni Health & Fitness – Northwest Indiana
Franciscan Omni Health & Fitness offers an employee discount on their Corporate Membership at their Chesterton & Schererville locations, including the first week free. This entitles you to free Lifestyle I or Lifestyle II initiation fee and you get two clubs for the price of one with their reciprocal membership.
To join the club, sign-up at one of the locations and talk to a membership coordinator about monthly pricing.
221 US Hwy. 41, Suite A
Schererville, IN 46375
810 Michael Drive
Chesterton, IN 46304
Learn more about the clubs and membership options>
Participating Indiana locations offering discounts to state employees include:
- Clinton County Family YMCA
- YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne
- YMCA of Greater Indianapolis – No join fee for state of Indiana employees in 2021! Just use code YNewYou2021.
- LaPorte Family YMCA
- YMCA of Dearborn County
- Parkview Huntington Family YMCA
- YMCA of Vincennes – The YMCA of Vincennes would like to waive the joiner fee for State of Indiana Employees. Employees need to show either a State ID or recent paycheck stub as proof of employment. This offer is good for state employees and immediate family members. Immediate family members is defined as married couples and all IRS allowable dependents up to the age of 24.
- Henry County YMCA
- Cass County Family YMCA – For more information regarding Corporate Memberships, contact the Cass County Family YMCA Marketing and Membership director Brandy Kizer at (574) 753-5141 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for 2020 rate information.
- Decatur County Family YMCA – State of Indiana employees and their family members can take advantage of the Decatur County Family YMCA’s “60 and 6” promotion. This promotion is available in February, May, and September 2020. If you visit 60 times in six months, you will receive your joiner’s fee back! For more information email Dawn Ernstes at email@example.com.
Army Wellness Center
The Lawrence Wellness Center is open to State of Indiana full-time employees along with their spouses and dependents age 15-26. The wellness centers adhere to evidence based programs and leverage the latest in physiological assessment technologies to produce personalized health and wellness plans for clients. These plans are designed by our Health Educators to assist clients in achieving their specific long-term lifestyle goals.
The program uses body composition analysis, resting metabolic rate testing, V02 and strength measurements, coherence measurement of stress, individual coaching, wellness classes and general wellness education to assist clients in reaching their goals. Whether you’re struggling to achieving your wellness goals, or already a fitness expert, we’ve got something for you.
Services Available: Biofeedback, Body Composition, Resting Metabolic Rate, Fitness Assessment, Strength and Flexibility, Individual Counseling and General Wellness Education, Wellness Classes
CrossFit Angola – CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program that incorporates weightlifting, gymnastics, and traditional cardio exercises all together to increase overall health and fitness.
Eat the Frog Fitness
Eat the Frog Fitness is a new fitness training concept born from decades of elite, science-based athletic training and expert knowledge of the fitness industry.
Fitness Forum – Fitness Forum Sports & Wellness at LifePlex, located in Plymouth, IN, operates on the core values of service, commitment, respect, education, and communication.
National Institute for Fitness and Sport
National Institute for Fitness and Sport (NIFS) – Indianapolis’ NIFS is not your ordinary gym.
NIFS sets out to provide the best knowledge, support, and programming to help each person achieve their goals.
The Tower Fitness Center
The Tower Fitness Center offers group exercise classes, discounted personal training, wellness programs, member assessments, and more, at this downtown Indy location. The invitation fee is waived for all state of Indiana employees, and new members receive one free assessment and one free personal training session.
Union Hospital Center for Fitness and Performance
Union Hospital Center for Fitness & Performance – Located in Terre Haute, Union Hospital Center for Fitness and Performance has a dedicated staff of fitness specialists. Trainers offer expertise in a variety of programs from the beginner to the seasoned athlete.
About the State Employee Discount Program
If you have a question about any of the discounts listed above, please direct them to spdcommunications@spd.IN.gov
Who is eligible?
All of the discounts above are available to state employees only. A state employee is an individual employed by a state agency, including the judicial and legislative branches of state government.
Want to offer a discount?
Are you a vendor wishing to offer a discount to state of Indiana employees? We welcome discount offers from businesses all over the state of Indiana! The discount program is for vendors identified as an Indiana business under former Gov. Mitch Daniels’ Buy Indiana initiative. Find out more.